How To Paint Brake Calipers
With the BCS brake caliper painting kit
Spray on (at least 1.2mm fluid tip) or brush on (as per instructions)
Calipers Painted with the BCS Paint Kit
In the box you will find:
- 200ml Paint (x2)
- 100ml Hardener (x2)
- 100ml Degreaser (x2)
- Paint Brush (x2)
- 1 x 600ml Mixing cup
- 2 x Blue Nitrile (latex free) gloves
- Blue roll
- 1 x Sanding disc
(Parts in bracket are for 600ml paint kits)
The liquid products supplied to you should not be handled without gloves as they can cause irritation to the skin.
Eye protection is advised whilst mixing the paint.
If ingested seek medical attention immediately. Upon contact with eyes wash out with cold clean water immediately & seek medical attention.
You should test the colour of your paint before applying to your whole calipers as the Brake Caliper Specialists will accept no responsibility for an incorrect colour once your calipers are painted.
- Safely place your car on suitable axle stands on a flat, sturdy base and remove your wheels.
- Clean your calipers as much as possible with the provided sanding disc. Then use the degreaser to remove any contaminants on the calipers and allow to dry fully.
- Pour 100ml of the supplied paint into the mixing cup and add 50ml of the supplied hardener and place the caps back onto the bottles. Thoroughly mix the paint and hardener together using a clean mixing implement, leave to stand for two minutes and mix again.
- Apply the first coat thinly to the calipers. This will give a good, flat base colour to apply your second coat to. It will also trap any remaining rust and dust so as not to degrade your paint finish.
- Allow 45 minutes for the paint to dry before applying the second coat. If you do not do this, you may end up with brush marks on your calipers.
More than two coats is not recommended.
Leave to dry for at least 2 hours before fitting your wheels and at least 6 hours before driving your vehicle.
If you have removed the calipers to paint, leave for at least 8 hours before handling them. Curing can be sped up using heat lamps.
If you have any queries about this paint kit or our other services please contact us on 0115 9722668 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org